The paradigm change from delayed interventional to Predictive, Preventive and Personalised Medicine (PPPM) is a leading global challenge in the 21st century. This is a new philosophy of advanced healthcare and the platform for more effective treatments tailored to the person that is considered as the "medicine of the future". This paradigm change can be achieved only by well-coordinated measures focused on solving the accumulating problems in healthcare and reducing the concomitant economical burden that societies across the globe are progressively facing. This task requires novel and creative political regulations and formation of new guidelines to advance current healthcare systems. The overall concept in the field is conducted by the “European Association for Predictive, Preventive and Personalised Medicine” (EPMA) – the “umbrella”-organisation in over 40 countries around Europe and worldwide.
Of paramount importance is the communication among professionals – medical doctors, biotechnologists, computer-scientists, healthcare providers, organised patient groups, policy-makers, educators, etc. The EPMA-Congress is an important global event promoting a multidisciplinary consolidation in the branch. Inaugurated in 2011, the EPMA-World Congress takes place every two years. Some congress particularities we made to our good tradition, namely
1. PPPM-related implementation - a specialised session will be dedicated to "Clustered PPPM-Centres, Validation and Standards", where experiences will be shared from creating specialised PPPM-related Medical Centres in Europe and worldwide.
2. Strong integration of PPPM-related industry - without exception, each Congress-session will benefit from topic-related input by the industry and regulators, including innovative R&D concepts, advanced technologies, PPPM-cantered products, etc.
3. Consultations with the members of the EU-Commission considering innovative programmes, instruments and resrources to promote PPPM related research and implementation.
4. Substantial educational impacts of the EPMA meetings.
5. Creation of the Expert Recommendationsin the field of PPPM (see General Report & Recommendations in Predictive, Preventive and Personalised Medicine 2012: White Paper of the European Association for Predictive, Preventive and Personalised Medicine)
6. Full transparency of the EPMA meetings - see examples of the specialised sessions published in YouTube:
|Fee||Before June 1st, 2015||Beginning on June 1st, 2015|
|1. Regular participant || 500,- €
|2. EPMA-members, 2015* || 250,- €||300,- €
* confirmation essential
Registration form click here